- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Russia / Россия
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
The Academy of Osseointegration (AO) has moved to the next level in its partnership with the FDI World Dental Federation — a federation of approximately 200 national dental associations and specialist groups, whose mission is to be the authoritative, professional, independent, worldwide voice of dentistry. During the general assembly of the 2016 FDI World Parliament in Poznan, Poland, held Sept. 9, AO was elected to affiliate member status, following five years as a supporting member.
“Our partnership with FDI speaks to the global presence of the AO and our commitment to enabling better patient care worldwide,” said AO Vice President Dr. James Taylor, who accepted the Certificate of Affiliate Membership on behalf of AO.
FDI affiliate members are not-for-profit international dental associations with significant international membership and interests, representing dental organizations whose missions are in line with those of FDI.
Also on Sept. 9, AO hosted its fourth annual symposium within the FDI Annual World Dental Congress (ADWC). The event was organized and moderated Dr. Taylor, and included three distinguished European AO member presenters:
- Dr. Tomas Linkevicius of Vilnius, Lithuania, presented on “Subgingival and supragingival prosthetic materials in implant restorations.”
- Dr. Asbjørn Jokstad of Tromsø, Norway, presented on “Esthetic outcomes for single implants in the anterior maxilla and dimensions of the peri-implant hard and soft tissues.”
- Dr. Hadi Antoun of Paris, France, presented on “Optimal management of the posterior atrophic mandible.”
“The AO/FDI Symposium is well attended every year, and this year in Poland was no different,” said Taylor. “We are grateful to this year’s distinguished presenters and are already looking forward to next year’s ADWC being held Aug. 29 to Sept. 1, in Madrid, Spain.”
2017 will also see AO‘s inaugural regional engagement in the FDI Global CE Program. AO member Brian Fitzpatrick, from Brisbane Australia, will speak at the meeting being held Sept. 21–24, in Shanghai, China.
(Source: Academy of Osseointegration)